Saturday, September 30
Fairfield Inn and Suites (Marriott)
645 West North Ave
Lombard, Illinois 60148 USA
8 AM - 6 PM
Rob O'Hara, author of Commodork
- Robin Harbron, DTV co-designer
- Adrian Gonzalez, DTV co-designer
- Jeri Ellsworth, C-One/DTV/etc. etc. hardware maven
- The event itself is being held in the Heron Point building next to the Fairfield Inn. (Long-time retro event-goers in the Chicagoland area will recognize this facility, it was used by SWRAP in the past and is also used for a summertime classic console event.) Meeting room C is our place. Doors will open at 8 AM, event closes at 6 PM. Meeting room C is at basement level, below what Heron Point fans know affectionately as the "level of discharge."
- There is an "after-party" room reserved in the hotel as well. Last year's after-party event infamously gave life to the Commodore-controlled animatronic cat. Who knows what will happen this year?
- Come to the show, bring your stuff, walk in. Dealer tables are free. User tables are free. Admission is free. Such a deal.
- Yes, this is on short notice. Unfortunately, your "regularly scheduled" fall Chicago event isn't being held this year, so there was comparatively little time to get something brewing.
- A small number of rooms has been reserved for attendees Friday and Saturday nights at $79 plus whatever hotel taxes various municipal bodies have sneakily applied to soak out-of-town guests. Keep mentioning things like "Fall Commodore Expo" or "ECCC" or "Compton" or something until you get the price you want.
- See you there.
(*) - Note: may actually all be one person.
If you have additional questions you can e-mail the organizer, although what you see is pretty much what you get. We welcome you to e-mail and confirm your attendance, though!